Sunday, June 13, 2010

Camp is Here: Training Week

Sigh. That was a big sigh of relief that things are FINALLY starting to chill out a little bit. I mean, as chill as things can be with 50 inner-city kids arriving at camp tomorrow morning. However, the routine and feeling like this is home (for a little while at least) is starting to make everything ok again. I'm not big on chaos, something you might not know from examining the state of my house and car at any given time.

Tomorrow's the big day when the kiddos get here - I can hardly wait! Seriously, I am super-duper excited to meet them, see the ones who are back from last year, and some of my kiddos from Metro Kidz are even coming. The part of camp I love is the part when the kids are here, not the planning/prep/set-up etc that precedes their arrival.

This week, we've been organized into "work teams" and have been hard at work setting up volleyball courts, putting up giant teepees, cleaning out storage sheds, and deep cleaning the cabins. Understand, however, that I use the term "we" loosely here.

Here's team one, hard at work:
Getting ready for summer camp for inner city kidsAnd team two, hammering something or another:
Counselors getting camp set up for summer camp for at-risk kids from AtlantaAnd here's team three: What? Someone had to break in the pool.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the pictures, Becca. I've been wanting to see a few...but next time can I see the faces of my girls and not their "next best" sides. :) I'll be down on Thursday...see you then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HaHa that is hilarious!!!!! Gotta love team three :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha! Love the team 3 photo...swimming is hard work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. so excited that you're kids get there tomorrow! hope you all have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck tomorrow! I am sure all of your hard work will pay off. Until then, relax and enjoy the evening :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay- I'm ONLY commenting on this one because the girl in the first picture is wearing a Tharp Hall Dorm Wars tshirt! Do you know if she goes to Lee University!? I totally went there and was an RA in the adjoining building with that dorm. Soooo crazy! What a small wonderful world. :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you. Thank-you for reading and interacting, and being the best!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...