Friday, June 11, 2010

Family Reunion Trip Recap

One would think/hope I could come up with a more creative blog title than that; but nope, that's all I got after waking up at 5am and spending a long day of planning, preparing, hauling, cleaning, and corralling a small child.

Anyhow, I have so much I want to share and tell you about camp; however, I am certain that if I don't write this recap post right now, I will never write it. And that, my friends, would be a tragedy.

We started out at Niagra Falls, went up in the CN Tower, and visited my Oma's house before heading to our family reunion even further north.

Oh look, the only picture I have of me from the whole trip, and one eye is closed. Perfect.

Over the past few years, the extended family has swelled to include several fiances, girlfriends, and a few new little ones too. It was so fun to see everyone and reconnect a little; unfortunately, the weather was COLD and rainy. And as it turns out, I can no longer handle the cold. Regardless, we went kayaking, swimming, and sat around the campfire . . .

Funny story: When we were crossing the border from the U.S. into Canada, the customs guy looked into our giant and full suburban, and asked what the story was. We explained that we were from Canada, living in Georgia, and that we had added three Americans to our crew - a husband, a baby, and a fiance . . . Then the officer looked at Adam and said "sir, what do you do for a living?" It turns out that there was a G8 summit in the town we were having the reunion in, and the officer was a little worried that my husband might protest at the summit. I'm not sure why he singled Adam out, well except for his massive amounts of hippy-looking hair . . .

8 comments:

  1. False...there are two pictures of you, and luckily, both eyes are open in the second one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was gonna call you on the 'only being in one picture' thing too! Glad you had a great trip and absolutely love the last pic of Jayci and Adam (even if he does have hippy bush-man hair going on!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. After a forever long absence, I'm finally getting caught up on your blog again! I can't BELIEVE how big Jayci is! What a sweetheart! :)

    Transitions can be so hard sometimes- I hope you're pulling through it all okay. I'll be leaving my best friend and moving across the world (literally) in a few weeks. And the thought of not being with her on a weekly basis is heartbreaking. I know how hard that is. :(

    I hope your fam is doing okay, and gearing up for a great summer! :) You are such a kind, giving family yourselves, and I know that you will continue to make such an impact on the kiddos in your lives.

    Annnnddd.....did I read that right? You guys are ADOPTING!? I am so excited for (and jealous of) you! :) Adopting is my dream. :) I can't wait to keep reading up on your adventures!

    -M.

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww the pictures are so cute! looks like y'all had fun and I love the customs story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a wonderful time.

    And I happen to love Adam's hippy hair. Eat that officer, haha!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are gorgeous pictures, thank you for sharing :)

    Looks like you had a wonderful time.

    K xx -- www.thoseblissmoments.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh - its still a great family pic...

    Look at how long your hubs hair has gotten!!! that's hilarious they probably thought he was a protester!! haha!!!!

    Jayci in that first pic - that smile - that backpack... she just makes me smile every time I see her little toothy grin!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adam does look like a protester : )
    What a sweetie!
    I love you and your wonky eye! : )

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you. Thank-you for reading and interacting, and being the best!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...