Monday, June 14, 2010

The First Day

Today marked the official beginning of camp, celebrated with the arrival of 47 kids between the ages of 7-12 years old, all of them from at-risk communities in Atlanta and surrounding cities. It's been a fun, albeit tiring, day. And surprisingly, the day basically went off without a hitch. Well until the girl who ate the whipped cream pie threw up all over her cabin. But we wont talk about that right now.

Anyways, since I'm the "official" camp photographer this year, I thought I'd try and post a picture a day on here the whole time we're here. Don't worry, I'm sure I wont be successful, but it's worth a try right?

I just realized it's almost midnight, and Jayci doesn't seem to understand the concept of sleeping later than 6:30am. So that means I need to go to bed pronto. Here's a quick shot of two sweet girls at the pool today. I picked this picture for today because YAY for the pool being open, and because I love to see the kiddos already working on this year's theme of friendship.

*And thanks to everyone has been praying, is praying, and continues to pray for us -- we can feel it! :-)

5 comments:

  1. awesome picture! praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it! I'll be sure to stay tuned. Camp ministry is my favorite. :) I literally ache for camp when summer comes around. :) Love this shot- very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this time of year when you go to camp and we get to live and experience it through you. What an awesome time!!!

    Wish we could be there to help out and have some of the fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, that picture is precious!! :) Glad the first day went well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so thankful for you, your ministry and first day of summer camp!! love the pic!
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you. Thank-you for reading and interacting, and being the best!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...