Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Photography Class


Every day at camp, the kids each take part in two "elective" classes, which they choose and sign up for at the beginning of the week. The purpose of these electives is to teach a new skill and let them experience and learn something out of the ordinary for the kiddos. I usually don't teach an elective, because I'm more of a behind-the-scenes, not teaching large groups, kind of girl. This year, however, I felt compelled to teach the kids a photography class. I love photography and the opportunity to express myself and my emotions and ideas through art, and I really wanted some of the kiddos to be able to experience that too.

So far, the kids have really been enjoying the class. I just wanted to share a few quick shots of last week's class in action. Oh and a big shout out to KEH photo for providing us with the cameras for the kids to use. And to Jessica of 503 Photography for helping us in putting together our lessons for the kids. She has an amazing online workshop for kids, if you have kids and need something fun for them to do this summer, you should definitely check it out!

6 comments:

  1. So cool! I know those kids are learning a lot from you. That's awesome that they have this opportunity!

    Also, I have read through most of Understanding Exposure and it's totally changing my way of taking pictures...it's all beginning to click! (yes.....pun intended!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is sooooo cool!!!!! Love that they have the opportunity to learn that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So neat!! Maybe those kiddos will take their love for photography and embrace it and move forward with it!! That would be awesome!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a little jealous that get photography lessons from you! I would love that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome idea. I wish you could teach me some of your tricks. I admire you photography so much. Glad you are enjoying yourself too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Becca! I love this : ) So glad you can share your knowledge with these fabulous children : ) Juan was into photography when he came here and I had so much fun shooting with him! At the end of the year he helped me shoot a wedding and he was Awesome : )

    I am so glad you are opening a whole new world of opportunity for these kids. You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you. Thank-you for reading and interacting, and being the best!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...