Saturday, July 10, 2010

At the end of a break

I unintentionally turned my week off from camp into a week off from blogging too. Sorry about that, for all 5 of you who were disappointed not to see lots of camp pictures this week. But don't worry, to make up for it, here's a whole slew of my favorite pictures from this week.

We had a really good week off, although I dont feel any more rested than I do during camp. But I suppose that comes with the territory of having an almost-two year old who wakes up before 7 every morning. Bramp.

It was really good, however, to take a week off to readjust my focus, and recenter myself on Christ. Has anyone else noticed how easy it is to start doing "good" and loving and Christian things/activities in my OWN strength rather than in His strength. The truth is that even if I accomplish this "successfully," there is no victory in serving or giving if I am not doing it out of the Spirit's strength within me.

For all those who are praying for me, for our family, and for camp - one thing you can be praying for us these next two weeks is that we remain dependent on Christ to love and serve and even to have fun with the kids through us.

Ephesians 4:32-5:2
"And be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other just as God in Christ also has forgiven you. Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children; and walk in love, just as Christ also loved you, and gave Himself up for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God as a fragrant aroma."
One of our elective classes camps out one night every week. Somehow I manage to end up down there every time they have a campfire . . . it may or may not have something to do with the fact that they make s'mores. Just saying.
Colette and me: She's our fearless leader, the camp director herself. She rocks, for realz.
This is Robert, one of the kiddos from last week who I just love to pieces. He has some issues as the result of some pretty serious abuse as a child, but he's been adopted by an amazing woman (who I SO admire) and is a great kid. I love him.
Chrys, one of the many kids who have been at camp every single year that I've been there. Four years people, that's a long time!
My sweet girl D'Meira, who somehow finagled her way into coming to camp two weeks in a row with two different ministries.
On the high zip. Kudos to them for conquering a fear which I have yet to face. Just don't tell the kids I haven't done it, especially since I constantly reassure them that it's super-safe and fun and easy and . . . frightening. But I usually leave that last part out.
I love everything about this picture. Particularly Libby in the background - it's basically all the most wonderful things about camp in one snapshot.

Joshua, one of the many kiddos who stole my heart last week. He never stopped smiling, for realz.
Chianne feeding the horses during photography class. I'm good at keeping them focused on the task at hand, obviously.

*Side note: See! I told you I'd post lots of pictures today! Oh and coming up tomorrow, some new ones of Jayci, since I'm feeling like she's been a little neglected on the blog as of late.

10 comments:

  1. OH boy, do i feel ya! I will praying for you all this week. Continue to take as many breaks as the Lord allows to redirect ya focus. That is always a need!
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becca -so glad you commented on our blog and that I now get to return the favor! Btw, we are originally from Atlanta (still have family on the south side) and visit a couple of weeks each year. Maybe we could hook up with you guys and see your ministry first hand someday. Love the pictures from camp and look forward to tracking with you.=)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read your blog too :) LOVE the new pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what great pictures!!!!! Love your outlook too :)

    Can't wait to Jayci pictures - I'm going through withdrawal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back sista! Missed you last week. But I totally know what it is like to need a break. Hope you are feeling refreshed and renewed. The camp pictures are awesome and can't wait to see some new Jayci ones. Happy Sunday and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. these pictures are absolutely beautiful! Sorry I have not been to your blog in a little while, I can get kind of distracted but I forgot how inspiring it is. Thank you so much for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to see your not laying somewhere comatose from exhaustion! Although I'm sure you're pretty close! I love your pictures. The joy is simply radiating out of them. Keep it up girl..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just always love looking at all the pictures you take...

    Love that silouette pic by the fire.. & the "thumbs up" behind the gang is awesome! Being a horse fan, I love the one too of the young lady feeding hay... she looks nervous feeding him - I love you can read her just with her body language.

    Yipee for Jayci pictures coming!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think about the kids that can come only once and the impact you have on them.

    And then I see Chrys' picture and stand amazed at the goodness of God to allow you to have a continuing influence on his life. I can't help but think about what a difference this time spent will make in his life. One look at those eyes and I know it will.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you. Thank-you for reading and interacting, and being the best!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...