But I can no longer deny the fact that she will be two in just a few short weeks. Why not? Because the signs couldn't be clearer. Yup, the terrible twos are obviously drawing closer every day.
(side note: not all of these are BAD things necessarily, but simply signs that my baby is almost a big two year old girl!)
1. Full-on tantrums, complete with laying on the ground and kicking her feet, are a
2. The most-used word in her vocabulary? No.
3. Her response to everything (and I'm not even exaggerating people, not that I ever exaggerate) is "no, it's mine" or "it's my turn." As in: "it's mine turn walk Mav"; "it's mine thunder"; "it's mine boom boom" (the song: Boom Boom Pow); "it's mine Zack." Someone needs to teach the girl which things she can actually own and which things are more of public domain. But I'm not going to be the one to do it right now, because her response will probably be "it's mine public domain."
4. She flushed her toothbrush down the toilet.
5. She loves to talk on the phone. Especially to call daddy and tell him all about her day, including made-up stories. Here's the one she came up with yesterday: "poop on potty. i push. and flush." Hey, at least she has an imagination. And then after I told Adam I needed to clarify that she didn't ACTUALLY poop on the potty, she reached out for the phone insisting she needed to "cwarify."
6. Full sentences are the norm. All the time. Non-stop really. It's cute, and sweet and enjoyable, and pleasesomeonemakeitstopforjustaminutesoicanhavefivesecondsofquiet.
7. She is potty-training. Except only a little bit, because she would rather just make up stories of pooping on the potty than actually poop on the potty. However, she enjoys watching Elmo's Potty Time (ok, she enjoys watching anything on the tv, any time).
8. She can count to 20. So what if she usually skips 4, 5, and 6.
9. She starts preschool in less than a week! What? That's nuts. We're really excited about her preschool though, and even more excited because she got a scholarship. That little snippet of God's provision could not have come at a better time, money is tight right now (to say the least).
10. She is a drama queen, for realz. When I give her things, she says "oh thank you mommy, i love it." She was especially insistent in repeating this after I gave her the free cookie club cookie at Publix. The entire shopping trip she was exclaiming "I LOVE it." I'll be honest, I loved it too.