Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving Round 2

Remember how I told you about my sister? The pastry chef who works at Cacao and the St. Regis? (not the one who just got married). Anyways, she had to work on Thanksgiving day, which is one reason we decided to go downtown and eat with April's family on Thursday. Our family meal, we enjoyed together on Friday. With Emma. And my Oma (who Jayci calls "oma oma"). Oma made her famous pears and cucumbers. Which sounds a little weird, but really they are two separate and completely delicious dishes. Emma brought an apple pie. And we contributed a pumpkin pie we purchased at Publix. Well technically, I guess my parents' purchased it since it was actually leftover for the large meal we brought April.

Regardless of the many pointless details I tend to share, the day was a success in every way. We relaxed, we ate. We re-heated leftovers and ate some more. And I had two or nine helpings of the Pioneer Woman's Soul Sweet Taters. Because Thanksgiving, for me, is all about the stuffing and the sweet potatoes. And the pumpkin pie. Oh and being thankful of course.

And this year, especially, i know that I have so so much to be thankful for. A new house in a new neighborhood. New neighbors and old friends moving with us. A small group who supports and encourages us and that we can truly do life with. My family, my husband and my little girl. Who often says "i not silly, i a WIITTLE GIWRL!" It's cute.

I'm also thankful for a husband who likes to do crafts. And make hats. And wear them too.


3 comments:

  1. It looks like with those last two pictures that it was meeting of Pilgrim minds, in deep conversation! :)

    So glad you go to enjoy Thanskgiving... & all that yummy food! Yes, Thanksgiving to me is all about the carbs... & yes, the thankfulness! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE the new blog layout--and the new picture in the banner up top! SO cute. I've been thinking about updating my pictures on my banner, but turns out i have no idea how, since you made it!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I got enough stuffing at Thanksgiving. It's been a week and it still haunts me.

    I may have to make another batch.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you. Thank-you for reading and interacting, and being the best!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...