Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Pre-Christmas Festivities

As it turns out, I completely neglected to take a single picture on Christmas day. Excuse me while I go cry a little about the fact that we had the first white Christmas in Georgia in 100 years, PLUS Jayci was super-cute and excited to open presents, and she got all sorts of fun stuff that would have been great for pictures of her celebrating the first Christmas where she knew what was going on . . . and I completely FAILED at documenting it. Oops. It's like I dont even know who I am.

I did, however, manage to capture some of the fun stuff we did leading up to Christmas.

For instance, we went with some friends and painted Christmas ornaments. I was slightly stressed by the color mixing on Jayci's, but decided to let her make it however she wanted. Despite my compulsive tendencies to do otherwise.


We also brought some presents to our sweet kiddos. Jayci was dying to see Jordan, who she is slightly obsessed with.
And then we had the boys over. Well actually, not both of our usual "boys" but Zack came and brought his cousin. Who I am sure was surprised that Adam decided for our festivities to build lego houses and then blow them up with some firecrackers he received at a white elephant gift exchange. Good clean fun my friends.
Jayci watched from a safe distance away. She didn't like them blowing up her legos for some reason.

And then Jayci showed Zack how the disco ornaments reflect light everywhere.
Next came gingerbread houses. Jayci and Adam and Jeffery were focused and working hard to build beautiful houses with sour patch kids and marshmellows. Zack preferred to just eat his.

There you have it. Christmas break fun and festivities leading up to Christmas day. Please try and overlook the fact that actual Christmas morning produced no pictures whatsoever. I'm trying to forget.

6 comments:

  1. I think you had the MOST amazing lead up to Christmas ever! Who cares that the actual day was not documented?

    Possibly, Jayci will mind when she is 25 and looking back over this blog, but possibly she won't even care because she will probably be all cool and wild and go-with-the-flow, just like her Mama : )

    The ornament painting looks great. We haven't done that in a while. Maybe one day over this break we will.

    The pictures I took on Christmas were SO crappy it isn't even funny. Seriously. I shamelessly put them on the blog though. maybe shamefully would be a better word choice though.

    Here comes 2011. On to bigger and better things! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a wonderful time before Christmas! So many great fun activities to do during Christmas break! I brought my camera to Christmas at my parents house... then didn't even get it out of the bag. Busy having too much fun I guess! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fun everyone had during the days before Christmas! It sounds just like Adam to want to blow up Lego's with firecrackers!! You're doing a great job raising 2 kids (Jayci, and of course, Adam...lol). I love the expressions on all the faces ~ you captured them so well. Sometime, someone's going to have to get some pictures of you for your blog! Missing you all so much!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the fun everyone had during the days before Christmas! It sounds just like Adam to want to blow up Lego's with firecrackers!! You're doing a great job raising 2 kids (Jayci, and of course, Adam...lol). I love the expressions on all the faces ~ you captured them so well. Sometime, someone's going to have to get some pictures of you for your blog! Missing you all so much!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Becca!!
    I found you through Gussy's 'building a community' post. I filled out the 4 questions right above you and I am SO glad I did : )

    You and your husband's heart for this ministry is inspiring and beautiful. I truly believe the Lord led me to your blog. I cried watching your episode on Broken Voices. Truly amazing : )

    I'm very much looking forward to following your story/testimony and connecting with you!

    God bless you guys and all that you are doing for Him.

    Love and blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. blowing up legos before Christmas?!? i'm coming to your house next year!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you. Thank-you for reading and interacting, and being the best!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...