Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A Year of Waiting

For some reason I'm feeling a little nostalgic today. And because I have the best mother-in-law ever, she took Jayci for the day (and night!) so I have some time to get some work done. Which also includes writing a blog post, of course.

I think that 2010 will forever be seared in my memory as the year of WAITING. And waiting some more. And trying really hard to be patient while I live out of suitcases for more than half the year. . . And then waiting just a LITTLE longer until 2011 when we can actually start working on our new house.

The thing about this "year of waiting" is that I'm just not a very patient person. I hate waiting. In line. For internet pages to load. To get something in the mail. I love instant gratification, and I'm pretty adamant about wanting something and wanting it now. I realize this isn't my most endearing trait, and I also realize that maybe that's part of the reason for this whole year and the things I've been learning while I wait.

One verse that the Lord continues to bring me back to time and time again through this period of waiting expectantly is Isaiah 40:31: "but they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint." Back at the beginning of the year, when I was doing the Beth Moore study on Esther, she spoke briefly about this verse, and her words have stuck with me all year long.

She said that we will ALWAYS grow weary when we wait upon the thing. But if we are waiting for the LORD, then we will renew our strength in mighty ways. And there, I believe, has been the heart of my problem. I keep waiting for the thing. I keep waiting to MOVE DOWNTOWN ALREADY. I mean, we're doing it FOR the Lord, because He has called us. So shouldn't He hurry this process along? But when I stop and wait for the Lord to show up, He does. He always shows up. And He's never late.

Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD -Psalm 24:17
Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him -Psalm 37:7
I wait for the LORD, my whole being waits, and in his word I put my hope -Psalm 130:5
Yes, LORD, walking in the way of your laws, we wait for you; your name and renown are the desire of our hearts. -Isaiah 26:8
But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently. -Romans 8:25
And so after waiting patiently, Abraham received what was promised -Hebrews 6:15

And just so you know, I'm pretty positive that 2011 is going to be the year of new beginnings.  And I can't wait to share that journey with y'all!

4 comments:

  1. Dang it all if I don't hate waiting too! Thanks for sharing... your words and the verses hit home today. Even if I'm waiting for something different. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can be impatient too. I lived in a home for 3 years with NO walls (literally); concrete as a floor; no kitchen sink, cabinets and countertops; no interior door; etc. because of hurricane damage. I was waiting on insurance money to fix the damages. But GOD had other plans for me. The story's too long to tell in full, but in a bad economy for selling homes (and especially one in the condition mine was in), I sold my home and moved to Colorado ~ bought a condo, and am living in a county where things are much more affordable for me. HIS plans are Perfect!! I Love the verse Isaiah 40:31! It's wonderful. Patience does get easier as you grow older. HIS timing is Always Perfect!! Praying for You and Yours. And I agree with you ~ you have a Wonderful Mother-in-law!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing all of those verses. I am going to write them down so that I can remind myself to wait on the lord. I also keep thinking that one day we will look back on this time fondly. Even if I am wearing $1 spot gloves because mine are packed away who knows where!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm behind on blog reading/commenting but wanted to let you know I got your sweet Christmas card and enjoyed getting caught up on all the new places the Lord is leading you. This may have been the year of waiting, and God may call you to wait more in the new year, but He who calls is faithful to complete His good work.

    Blessings upon blessings to you next year -

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you. Thank-you for reading and interacting, and being the best!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...