Wednesday, January 12, 2011

New Beginnings Part 2

In the first part of this little series, I talked about starting work on our new home (finally). Unfortunately, Atlanta got hit with the storm of the century (or a few inches of snow) and we've been stuck in our house for the past three days. So NOW the plan is to start demo THIS Saturday and really get working next week. On that note, do any of y'all know about Pinterest? I love it. I might be a little obsessed, because it's a really easy way to create an online "pinboard" when you find ideas and things you love. Mine is full of house ideas.

Anyways, for 2011 to truly be considered the "year of new beginnings," we clearly need more new things rather than just our new house that I've been talking about for months and months and months now.

That said, here's our next "new beginning" . . . I'm 11 weeks pregnant!!

We are super excited about adding another little peanut to our family, but I'll be honest, this pregnancy just might be the death of me. I have never thrown up so much, I didn't even think it was possible. I found out I was pregnant at 5 weeks, and I've been nauseous beyond belief ever since. Basically I have no energy because I can't keep any food down. Combine that with a needy and whiny 2 year old who is tired of being cooped up, and I'm more than a little miserable. So if I haven't been around here much, or commenting on your blogs, or leaving my bed . . . . now you know why!

All I can do now is hope and pray that it all ends in the next week or two when my first trimester is over.

Sorry this is short and disjointed, I only have a small window of time before I have to get back to hugging the toilet.

33 comments:

  1. FRIEND I am SOOOOOO happy for you!!! YAY!!! I love that we will be pregnant together (atleast for a couple of months!) Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so amazing!!! Congratulations!!!

    I cant wait to see Jayci as a big sister!

    Hope you feel better soon! Dont they say that is indication of having a girl? Hmmm...

    I'm so excited for your whole family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wooohoooo!!! Congrats to you guys ... and hope you feel better super soon! You certainly go big or go home, huh??? Gonna be a BIG year around the Stanley Clan!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! Praying you feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Congrats! What a blessing! SOrry to hear you are having such bad sickness...I've heard that ginger is the trick! Praying for you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crushed Ice and Coca Cola...and nibbles of Saltine Crackers.

    They say that lots of pregnancy sickness means the baby is healthy, so hold on...it should be over soon.

    What a great blessing!! Sending prayers in hopes of you feeling much better very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY! You told the whole interwebular world! I figured you've been puking a lot, from your internet absence. I really miss you and am praying for you and the sweet new baby!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Becca! I'm so thrilled for y'all! And I hope you feel better very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Becca, Adam, and Jayci!!! I am so sorry that you've been feeling so terrible. I hope it passes quickly for you. Can't wait to start seeing baby bump pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so excited for all 4 of you! I'll be praying for you during this time...I was SO sick with Liam and now how hard it can be. 2011 is going to be a GREAT year for your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats friend!! I hope you feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww yay!!!!!!!!!!! How exciting!

    You better slow down on the changes girlie! 2011 is going to be a HUGE year for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. cannot wait to meet the little peanut! lemme know if there is anything I can do from over here in good ole miss!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Exciting news! What a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats Becca!!!! Really excited for all your new beginnings, but especially this one :)
    - Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  16. So So So So happy for you!!!!!!! Hope you can get out of the bathroom soon though!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am SO happy for you. Crying happy tears. What a wonderful thing. Wonderful beyond belief!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations! What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratuations! I can't imagine being nauseous every day...how miserable! Praying that you feel much better soon. And I'm in the Atlanta area as well, so I understand the frustration with the snow that still hasn't left. Crazy! Hope you guys are staying warm!

    ReplyDelete
  20. congratulations! i am praying for a settled stomach soon! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  21. AWESOME AND AWESOME...
    WHAT A BLESSING

    ReplyDelete
  22. congrats sister! i feel your pain. 5 different pregnancies & sick as a dog each time.....it really is such a blip in the big picture - this precious JOY will make it all worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. congratulations becca!!! so happy for you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. awwwwwww, yay!!! congratulations!!!! this is so exciting! I am so sorry you haven't been feeling well! I will definitely be praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats to you and Adam!! What exciting news. I will pray that your sickness goes away fast!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What an exciting "new beginning" for your family! Congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I KNEW IT!!!!! I was just waiting for you to confirm what my spidey sense told me.

    Congratulations - Thrilled for you -

    ReplyDelete
  28. yippee!!! so excited for you! but oh i so understand! ugh. double ugh! 2 year old. yup. now GET SOME ZOFRAN!! i'm not kidding. go get some anti-nausea meds from your OB. it might not make you feel 100%...but it will make you feel more than less than 5% (and semi-human again)!!! (not sure that made ANY sense). anyway! congratulations!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. SO HAPPY! {not that you're feeling sick...} I hope you feel better soon! A great way to bring in the new year! Congrats!!! Jayci will be such an awesome BIG sis!!! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  30. CONGRATS!!! Super excited to follow your adventures in 2011. Exciting new beginnings!

    ReplyDelete
  31. AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! I just now saw this!!!! Congrats!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you. Thank-you for reading and interacting, and being the best!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...