Monday, January 31, 2011

Update and Such

First of all, can I just tell you guys again how GRATEFUL I am for all the kind words and encouragement y'all give me? Especially when I throw a yucky pity party . . . you are the best!

Several people have been asking how things are going, if I'm feeling any better etc. And I WISH I could say that YES, now that I'm officially "out" of my first trimester, things are just peachy. Unfortunately, I wouldn't be telling the truth. And I'm nothing if not honest. Usually.

However, there have been a few "glimpses" and reminders of what it's like to feel normal again. On Saturday morning, the sun was shining and I managed to keep down my breakfast AND lunch . . . but things haven't been great nausea-wise since then.

I went to the doctor this morning. So far I've lost 15 pounds. And I'm a pretty slender-ish person to begin with, so I'm basically just looking sickly (with a small pooch that is-in-fact a baby bump). In other words, my clothes are all too big except I can't button my pants. Hence the yoga pants and/or pajama wardrobe I'm constantly sporting these days. The doctor said he is putting off hospitalizing me another week, and he prescribed me another medication with strict orders NOT to google it. Which, of course, only made me desperately curious as to WHY I shouldn't google it. Now if only I could read his handwriting, so I could know what to google. I guess I'll have to wait until they fill the prescription and see. I go back to the doctor next week for another check-in. So I'll keep you guys posted.

In much happier news, things are actually progressing nicely on the home and ministry front. When we decided enough was enough and walked away from our contract, the investor decided it was finally time for him to sign the contract, and we were able to start some demo work on the house this past weekend. It will still be a few more months before we're move-in -ready, but at least things are finally moving forward! And the lawyer finally got everything set up with our non-profit, so we are all official and can start accepting tax-deductible donations directly to Blueprint 58. Feel free to mail us checks.

Other than that, I've been trying to spend time with this little one. . . she's such a cutie these days. She's also exasperating and exhausting, but has been quite the trooper considering how awful I've been feeling (and as a result, how NOT FUN I've been). The other day we were coloring and she said for me to draw mommy (ahem, me) and to make me lying in my bed because I'm not feeling good. Oops, poor Jayci needs her mommy back. We all do really.
 In other news, she's still obsessed with me taking her picture. Now if only I was feeling well enough to really take advantage of her obsession and dress her up and take her cool places for photo shoots. . . . But the couch to the bed to the toilet is about as far as I get these days.




12 comments:

  1. Ugh, ugh and UGH. I am saying a special prayer that, because of how difficult this pregnancy is, the sweet baby itself will be a total dream baby. I think that's the way it's supposed to work. Of course, there IS the old wives tale that having a lot of morning sickness means that the baby will have a lot of hair when born. If that is the case, I am predicting the birth of a small gorilla. :<0
    I truly am praying for you, sweet one... there's really no worse feeling than nausea, especially when it is unending. May the remainder of your pregnancy be gentle...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was reading your post when my almost three year old wandered over. he looked at the pictures of jayci and began to comment that she was wearing a diaper. i pointed out that it was in fact a pull-up and that she was probably learning to use the potty, just like he is. he looked again and said" huh? she is a big girl(rhymes with squirrel)!" it was very very cute. just like jayci. :)

    thanks for your very encouraging comments. i am continuing to pray for you. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, I LOVE the picture of her in her diaper, holding the little doggy in her arm. So cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 15 lbs?!?!?!?! oh wow lady. That's some major vomitage (like that word?) haha!!!

    Dont google... its the worst thing anyone can do for ANYTHING. I'll google about a paper cut & end up crying thinking my whole arm is going to need to be removed next! Google is not good for anything but yarn pattern searches :)

    I love your little miss diva!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh i do hope you are feeling better soon...you little one is adorable. that last picture is precious, oh boy does she look sassy in it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These shots are adorable, and I love the sassiness in the last one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bless your heart. And I mean that in the most sympathetic, loving way. 15 pounds?! Oh, my.

    I'm so sorry, sweet mama. May every day be one day closer to getting Mommy back.

    (And that last picture of sassy Jayci is just TOO MUCH! ♥♥♥)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That last picture is just awesome! Such a little diva. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you got a GAP model on your hands! love that last pic! too funny and cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girl, I'm glad you're starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel called "first trimester"...I imagine that kind of sick leaves you feeling miserable and tired.

    ReplyDelete
  11. 15 pounds!!!! girl, that is insane! I'm sooooo so sorry!!! I spent a couple days with my brother in florida last week and he was so sick and threw up so much, I almost had to take him to the emergency room. we held out til morning and took him to the doctor and they couldn't even give him an iv b/c his veins were so shriveled from being so dehydrated and the whole time it just kept making me think of you. it was miserable watching him be so sick for two days...i can't imagine how miserable you are! i'm sad to hear that it hasn't gone away after this first trimester. hope you get better soon so we can hang out before I start a job!! :) let me know if i can come down and help!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am SO sorry that you are this sick! Were you this sick with Jayci!?!? I cannot believe you have lost 15 lbs! So glad you are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I hope you are still feeling better!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you. Thank-you for reading and interacting, and being the best!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...