Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Random as usual

 Here's the thing: I've been sitting here staring at a blinking cursor for a good ten minutes now. It's not that I have nothing to say (heaven forbid), it's that I cannot for the life of me string words together into a cohesive, if somewhat boring post. That said, I'm resorting to a list. Don't judge.

1. We are currently house-sitting downtown near our new house (just a few miles away). Which, by the way, is an absolutely fantastic blessing especially with Adam and his dad working on the house every day. His commute has gone from 45 minutes (with no traffic) to 5 minutes or so. Just think of how much money we're saving on gas!

The first night we spent house-sitting, I was a little surprised at how jumpy I felt. I mean, I was all gung-ho to move into the hood right? But it turns out that life in the city is just louder. And there's lots of sirens. LOTS of sirens. And a train. So Adam set the alarm, in an attempt to offset my jumpiness a little.

We went to bed and had a terrible sleep (note this post if you want a more in-depth discussion of the lack of sleep we received that night). When Jayci woke up for the day bright and early at 6am, I thought I'd be a good wife-y and let Adam sleep. And then I took things a step further (I knew there was a reason I don't overachieve) and decided it would be super-helpful to let the dogs out to do their business. It was in half-awake stupor that I found the key to unlock the security door. Unfortunately, opening the door was a big mistake, seeing as (if you'll recall), we had set the alarm the night before. The loud noise did not agree with Jayci's ears, causing her to scream "I DONT WIKE DAT NOISE!" as I ran through the house haphazardly trying to remember the alarm code and find the key pad. Luckily Adam hopped out of bed and turned off the alarm, so I went to go get the dogs and calm Jayci, only to hear the phone ringing (no idea where the phone was to actually answer it) and Danielle calling out (our friend who is going to be living with us in our new house) that it was, indeed, the security company calling to check on the alarm. OH VEY. I couldn't help but ask Danielle if she was super-excited to live with us. And to remind her that on top of all this usual chaos, we will also have a newborn. I'm sure she's ecstatic.

After that somewhat shaky start, we have been able to settle in for a few weeks and enjoy having our own space near our new neighborhood.

2 - A little while back, it snowed again. Granted, it wasn't a lot and it didn't last long, but Jayci was still pretty pumped to play in the snow. As evidenced by her selection of kicking 80s sunglasses to commemorate the occasion.

3. Yesterday when i signed onto my Google Reader (which I desperately need to get under control), I had approximately 147 posts titled 'Happy Valentine's Day', or something of that sort. I just wanted to apologize for failing to jump on that bandwagon. And also to reassure you that we did, indeed, celebrate Valentine's day. Jayci worked diligently and made some sweet little "bawentines" for all her friends at school.
She was quite excited to hand them out, and also about all the candy and chocolate she received in return.


My dad and sister are out of town on business, so we invited my mom and brother-in-law over for a lovely Valentine's Day dinner at our place. Adam made baked ziti, one of my favorites. It was a little funny though because he tried to give me some of the credit for making dinner. It turns out, however, that all I did was put some water in a pot and turn on the stove. I'm nothing if not a gourmet chef. Oh and my sister (the pastry chef) would be so so proud of the mini-cupcakes from a box we made. They might have stuck to the pan a little and we didn't use cupcake liner-things. But aren't they just lovely? Like I said, I'm a gourmet.




Jayci was a little shocked at how ugly they were. But she managed to eat one (or two) anyways.

4. This weekend, our brakes went kaput on our car. Which was quite expensive to repair, as it turns out. The guy at the car place said: "oh girl, those don't sound good." And unfortunately, I'm not sure at this point how we're going to have enough money to close on our house. We are trusting the Lord to provide. And would love your prayers along that vein. Thanks friends!

5. And for those of you who have been wondering: Yes I'm still throwing up. Thankfully, the throwing up has lessened to maybe 3-4 times a day. And I've even gained a few pounds (although I still weigh less than I did to start the pregnancy). And that might be the first and only time I'm happy to share that I gained a few pounds. That said, I am very tired of being nauseous and feeling like crap. Like super-duper-ridiculously-tired-of-it.

The end.

5 comments:

  1. Ugh... still throwing up? Hate that for you... Its GOTTA get better soon!

    That picture of Jayci where you said she say how ugly the cupcakes were is HILARIOUS!!!! Put icing on anything & it covers "ugly" :)

    Hey - I just knitted a hat for a child just because I was bored. Didnt have anyone to give it too & now, I see miss Diva here wearing a hat & BINGO... wanna cream hand knitted hat? Send me your address via email & I'll get it out to you! I'd love for Jayci to have it!!!! It'll match that hair of hers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. My. Stars!!

    I have not been able to read all my favorite blogs in forever. I finally just marked all the post in my Google Reader as read because seeing all of them there waiting just overwhelmed me. But this morning, I decided to travel back through your posts so I could catch up with my favorite inner-city Atlanta mission family.

    And boy! Did I miss some exciting news or what?!

    I'm thrilled to hear about the new family member. Sorry you haven't felt well enough to enjoy it. I certainly hope you're through the worst of it.

    You know, I wasn't sick with my first pregnancy, but the second one....when I was pregnant with TWINS, I was pretty darn sick. Just a thought. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate that you are still throwing up!! I'm so sorry friend! At least you gained a bit of weight! I love that Adam's commute is only 5 minutes now! How great is that?!/ And of course I love all the sweet pics of Jayci. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you feel better soon! Question, how are you doing work on your house if you havent closed yet? Im confused? Was that the whole contract ordeal?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry that you're still sick. You poor thing! I wish you were closer so I could just take care of Jayci and you could sleep all day!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you. Thank-you for reading and interacting, and being the best!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...