Thursday, March 17, 2011

It's a . . .


In case you can't tell from the blue onesie Jayci is proudly holding up, our next little one is going to be a boy!!! We are all completely thrilled, including Jayci - although she might be a little confused by the whole thing and keeps calling him "brother sister" . . . we're working on it though.
 
Isn't she going to be the cutest big sister ever? 

Oh and did you want to hear the story about why we thought it was a boy?

While we were house-sitting, Adam went over to introduce himself and explain that we were watching the house for a few weeks to one of the neighbors, on one of the first days we were there (meaning, I was NOT really showing yet at all). The neighbor said: "oh yes, you and your wife and your son." Adam corrected him and pointed out that Jayci was, in fact, a daughter. The man replied that he knew that, but he was talking about his son on the way. Adam asked if he had noticed I was pregnant, and he replied: "No sir, I just sit out here and talk to God all day and He told me to tell you that you are having a son." 

Cool right? We love thinking about all the ways that God is already working in our little boy's life, and we have no doubt that he is going to be a blessing in so many ways to so many people.

For you created my inmost being;
   you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
   your works are wonderful,
   I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you
   when I was made in the secret place,
   when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw my unformed body;
   all the days ordained for me were written in your book
   before one of them came to be. 

Psalm 139

22 comments:

  1. Well OK then... I now officially have chills. THat is SO cool. I will have to tell you sometime about the man who prayed over Adam when he was in K5 and who prophesied over him. It was awesome and wonderful and TRUE. God still speaks through people.. I believe that.
    And YAYAYAYAY!!! for a boy. Jayci will love him and hug him and kiss him... (wait, is that a cartoon?? sorry... distracted). Seriously, he is gonna be a loved little warrior. And I still think he's gonna come out with a TON of hair... :<) xoxox... congratulations to your family...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looooooove your story!! That is so awesome!! Congratulations, you three!!!

    p.s. I have your Diapers books ready to mail. Let me know if you want me to sign them for anyone in particular. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am beyond words! You and your family have been so very blessed by GOD...HIS Love and Bounty is immeasurable to those who are in HIS favor! I cannot wait to see and lay hands on this blessed one! I wish I was there to give hugs to you all! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY GOSH! I love the story. I love Jayci holding the onsie. I love that things are going to get better and better and you are going to feel great in no time at all! Praying for you Becca!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHOOHOO!!! I'm so excited for you and can't wait to hug your neck in May!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY! Congrats Becca! That's so fun...little boys are great:) Jayci will have so much fun being a big sister!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow!! what an amazing story!!
    congratulations on joining team blue!!! so so so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats!!!! A boy!!!!! I am so excited for ya'll and that story gave me chills. I love it and I love you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww...I love baby boys! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow - talk about chills. That is awesome! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  11. YAYAY!!! Jayci is going to be the BEST big sister. Not to go all Hannah Montana on you, but it’s seriously going to be like the best of both worlds. Thrilled for y’all!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woohoo!! God is Sooo great! Love you four!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay! Congrats! You're going to LOVE having a little boy. And that story? Chills. Cool, God. SO cool!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh what a neat story! i LOVE stuff like that and LOVE that God still speaks -clearly- to people who listen. congrats on the boy, you will love having a boy! :)
    i almost found out the gender of our new baby today, super early (i'm only 14 weeks) but the dr looked anyways... and the umbilical cord was in the way. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on your little boy! How exciting for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  16. congrats!!!!!! how are you feeling these days by the way?
    Such a cool story, sooo like God!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW Becca! I had goose bumps ALL over my body when I read that! God is so amazing! Congrats to you and your beautiful family! Boys are such sweet blessings! :)

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  18. awww yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i can't wait to meet him!!!

    and wow. chills. that is such an awesome story.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats!! Jayci is going to be a wonderful big sister.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations!!! So excited for y'all :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. yay!! CONGRATS!!! I'm so excited for y'all!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you. Thank-you for reading and interacting, and being the best!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...