Monday, March 7, 2011

Like Mother, Like Daughter

Why does time go so fast now that we're older? OK, now that I'm older, I won't speak for how old all of y'all are. But seriously? It's March? Ridiculous.

This weekend went by so fast, but that tends to be how things go around here. Particularly because we keep ourselves stupid-busy on the weekends. We need to work on that.

Friday night, Adam's sweet momma watched Jayci so we could have a date night for our five year anniversary. Because we are highly romantic and enjoy doing exciting things (ha), we went to Johnny Carino's for dinner (only because we didn't have a printer to print out our coupon for dinner at my favorite Mexican place. I know, I know, how lame are we?!) My pregnant self quite enjoyed the pasta and bread. Because carbs = tasty. And then I let Adam pick a movie and we went to see "I Am Number Four." I will admit it was entertaining; however, I'm not as certain as Adam is that they should make at least 3 sequels.

Saturday morning, I woke up bright and early and headed to a baby shower I was helping throw for my sweet friend Esther. I forgot my camera - bad blogger alert - so I stole this picture of her off her facebook. Hello, could she be any cuter? Seriously, she's pregnant and STILL fits into the tutu my friend Erica made for her baby.
 Want to know what else Erica made? A hair-bow tree. It was cute and impressive all at once. And lucky for you, she has an adorable Etsy shop where you can get your own.
Saturday night, we finally used that coupon and got us some delicious Mexican food. I would just like to point out how Jayci opted against using chips for her cheese dip and went straight to her finger. That's my girl.
She was understandably excited about the cheese dip.
Sunday night at church we had a Soup Potluck dinner. And I want to know who doesn't love a potluck? So much delightful food to choose from! We Adam made one of our favorite soups, buffalo chicken soup. When we make it for the boys, they call it "hot wing soup." My friend Courtney requested the recipe a while back and I realized I never gave it to her, so I figured why not share the love with the whole inter-web? Because it is both delicious and easy to make. I mean, I can make it, which means it can definitely be considered elementary on the difficulty scale.
Buffalo Chicken Soup
Serves 4, prep time 25 min

1 sm onion – chopped
2 ribs celery – chopped
¼ cup butter or margarine
¼ cup all-purpose flour
¾ cup milk
¾ cup chicken broth
2 cups diced, cooked chicken
½ cup buffalo wing sauce (to taste)
½ tsp. cayenne pepper
½ tsp celery salt
½ tsp garlic salt
-In a 2 quart saucepan over medium-high heat, sauté onions and celery.
-Stir flour into pan, slowly whisk in milk and broth.
-Stir in remaining ingredients and simmer over med-low heat.
*A few notes: we usually at LEAST double the recipe, because when it says it serves 4, I would say it barely serves just Adam and I (although granted, we both like to eat). We usually also add extra milk and broth to thin it out a little . . . Remember, when I say "we" I mostly mean "Adam"

5 comments:

  1. You are so funny Becca! I am going to forgo the hot wing soup because even though I am *black I just can not handle hot things! My tongue burns just thinking about it! : )

    *Gary and Kaish tell me I am not really black but I refuse to believe them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. When I read the title to the post I thought " she's either talking about Mexican food or diet coke!" haha
    2. That soup sounds amazing! Must try soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just catching up and wanted to wish y'all a belated Happy Anniversary! I loved your post and all the old pictures. You guys are adorable together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for your Anniversary date! And I'm TOTALLY with you...the years seem to fly by faster and faster. It's kinda scary!

    Soup - definitely gonna try. Love anything "buffalo" flavored. Well, you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Mexican, love that daughter of yours!! She keeps it real! haha!
    Thanks for the recipe! Gosh I cant wait to meet yall!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you. Thank-you for reading and interacting, and being the best!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...