Thursday, March 31, 2011

Pregnancy Update

I am almost 22 weeks pregnant. Which means I am over half-way there. Which is just crazy to me, how 9 months can just fly by and yet crawl at the same time while we're waiting to have our own house. I mean, how am I supposed to let my nesting instinct kick in when I have nowhere to "nest"? It's one of the great mysteries of the universe.

For everyone who has asked, and for my own ability to remember this pregnancy, I thought I'd include a quick update on how things are going at the half-way point.

- I have finally stopped throwing up, for the most part. I've concluded that I *might* still be having some issues with dairy products setting me off all over again. And if you know me at all, you know that staying away from dairy is next to impossible. How can I NOT have cheese and ice cream on a weekly daily basis?

-So far I have gained 5 pounds. It's funny because when people find out I'm pregnant they inevitably make a comment about how little I look for being 22 weeks pregnant. I always like to respond with my usual sunshine and optimism (and definitely not sarcasm) about how the trick is to throw up constantly for 20 weeks straight. And let me just set the record straight that this is NOT how I looked with Jayci. In fact, I think I was wearing my "huge skirts" by now with her.

-What are my huge skirts? Well, last pregnancy months 6-8 we spent at camp. And the kids always like to remind me: "remember when you wore those huge skirts all the time?" Yes, yes I do. Thanks for reminding me.
-I was more than a little hesitant to post this lovely-straight-out-of-bed-shot-of-me-without-makeup in a public place. But seriously, do you see that bump in my hair? I would just like to state, for the record, that is my violent and uncooperative pregnancy cowlick. I swear to you, my hair has never been more difficult to tame than it has during this pregnancy. My friend Danielle cut my hair for me, and she asked me "have you always had this cowlick? It's a big one." No my friend, I swear I have ever noticed it before, and therefore I'm concluding that it is yet another reason that this pregnancy is driving me crazy.

-I have thus far not had any specific cravings or anything. However, I'm not sure if I've mentioned that we're now living with some friends. My sweet friend Esther (who has graciously opened her home to us) is also pregnant, she's two months ahead of me. So our lucky husbands get to live with TWO hormonal emotional delightful pregnant ladies. Who may or may not force the husband to run to Dunkin Donuts after dinner. And then for ice cream the next night.

4 comments:

  1. Well, that's just wrong. 20 weeks of vomit AND a dairy intolerance? Wrong, wrong, wrong.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No cheese dip? Oh my. Poor baby... gonna start off life with a little resentment issue from mama if he doesn't watch it! You might even name him "Nacho" just out of spite... I'm glad to hear that you are at least GAINING a little weight now and able to keep a few things down. I feel sure that after all of the crazyness of the past few months, Adam has NO problem running to get you whatEVER your heart desires. Now, if Nacho will just let you keep it down...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're finally feeling better for the most part! I'm cracking up over you and your preggy friend and your husbands, that is so funny :). I hope you get in your own place so soon! I need to catch up on where you are in the process! You made me laugh with the big skirts and big cowlick, you are so cute! and beautiful, mama!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are half way there!!!!!!!!! Wait...OVER half way there!!! So exciting and so good to see you doing so well!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you. Thank-you for reading and interacting, and being the best!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...