Thursday, March 24, 2011

Renovation Update

I'll go ahead and admit it: this is a boring update. The pictures don't even show anything exciting or cool, unless you count my little baby bump. BUT I do want you guys to know that we are, in fact, working on our house and even making some progress. In fact, drywall guys come tomorrow -- woot!
From the front of the house, looking back out the back door (ps still no windows, hence the dark)
Yes that is an INTERIOR brick wall - and I'm pumped about it.
Currently, I feel as though I might be drowning in decisions regarding our house. Adam calls me and tells me to mentally prepare myself to make some decisions now before he comes home and asks me about it. The truth of the matter is, I'm sort of at a point where I don't even care anymore - I just want a house, to hell with what it looks like! But I also know, like I've mentioned before, that I want our home to be a haven and a safe refuge for our neighbors and the kiddos we work with . . . So for now, that's my main goal in decision making - to create a happy, healthy, cozy, welcoming home!

from Kasey Buick
From The Nester
From Houzz
from Pure and Lovely
From My Home Ideas
from My Home Ideas
Since my pictures of our actual house are slightly boring, here's a few more pictures from my files to make you jealous of other people's decorating skillz inspire you.

6 comments:

  1. I could barely see your bump. I do see your vision though...through all of the haze of wanting it over with, of decision making, of stress, I see your vision. And it is wonderful! You will thrive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am so envious of your interior brick wall!!!!! Love!!! How great that you have a blank slate to work with. I would love to be able to start over like that! (And you are on Pinterest, right? Love it most days, but some days I think it's a little bit sad b/c I'm pinning all these beautiful things that I'll never be able to have. Fun, but sad!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love, love, love all of those and it makes me want to change the color scheme in my home. i'm sure someday yours will look just as lovely.

    anyhoo, here from faith blogs and wanted to say congrats for being the new 10 this weekend!

    have a loveLee day!
    blessings,
    alely

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting my blog! I am happy I found yours too! LOVE your decorating style. It's exactly what I like! Good luck with the renovations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whew, I'm impressed with the renovations. We own a house and we did a few smaller renovations and a lot of painting. Its fun when its all done, but in the middle... not-so-much. I'm really excited about your interior brick. Can't wait to see what you do with it! Hope you are getting rest amidst all the craziness. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember being EXACTLY where you are! We wanted to move into our neighborhood so bad we didn't even wait for the house to be completely finished. When we moved in there were still tools in my dinning room and construction dust every where. God used this transition time to remind me of whats really important.

    I so much progress..cant wait to hear what lessons and ways God reveals Himself to you while you wait on the Lord

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you. Thank-you for reading and interacting, and being the best!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...