Friday, April 8, 2011

Down for the Count

We should just go ahead and rename this blog "the place where becca complains about lots of stuff." Kinda catchy right? And who doesn't like to hear people whine about things? Oh, no one does? That's right.

But seriously y'all, Jayci and I both have some sort of nasty cold thing and it's pretty much gotten me down for the count. Between her being miserable and not sleeping at all, and me being miserable and unable to breath or talk, our attitudes are slightly less-than-stellar lately.

On top of that, our house stuff keeps getting delayed and delayed. It feels like if anything CAN go wrong, it does. Which is discouraging since we feel like we're doing our best to be faithful and follow what God wants us to do, but it's just so HARD. At this point, we've been bouncing from place to place for almost a year. And I'm just plumb sick and tired of it. I want a house. I want my own space. I like to be messy. And I hate feeling like I'm imposing my messiness on other people. At this point, I'm pretty sure we've worn out our welcome all over the place.

Wah wah. Sorry I'm such a downer these days. I know you guys don't stop by here to read about all my woes. You stop by for my wit and charm and funny stories (ha). Sorry, I got nothing for you today.

So if you think about it, lift up a little prayer for strength for us and our family, because it turns out that being homeless and sick and working on a house is flat-tiring and hard on us as a family unit.

On a decidedly more cheerful note, don't forget to enter the Shabby Apple giveaway. Because free dresses are way more fun than whiny blogs. And that's the truth.

Jay's been helping daddy with a special project . . . don't worry, we'll share the whole thing on here soon!

3 comments:

  1. I think your 'complaining' is due to the fact that you just plain don't feel good!! This too will pass and you will be back to your cheerful self. I know it's frustrating not being in your own home but this will happen too, in HIS time. You guys are a lot further along than you were! I will continue to pray for you and Adam and Jace-Face and the precious little one inside you. Hang in there! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better soon. I just prayed for all of you. Sending love and bad germ voodoo!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you. Thank-you for reading and interacting, and being the best!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...