Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter 2011

So earlier I wrote a post for work and mistakenly put "2010" as the year. I'm so stuck in the past sometimes. But it is, indeed, 2011 - the "year of new beginnings."

Our Easter weekend was laid-back, and full of family - just the way we like it. Adam's grandparents were visiting from North Carolina, and so Jayci spent the night with Adam's parents on Friday night, allowing Adam and I a date night, and the grandparents some time with Jayci. Win-win is what I like to call that. And because we are wild and crazy, we got an early dinner at Chili's, just beating the dinner rush by getting there right before 6pm. We kept commenting how glad we were we got there so early since the line was getting longer and longer. We were planning on going to see a movie after dinner, but ended up opting to rent a movie since we had the house (our friend's house where we're staying, not our own house) to ourselves, and besides, we were tired. Because apparently we are 25 going on 70. On the plus side, soon we will be able to take full advantage of the early bird and senior discounts.

Saturday we spent the day rummaging around antique markets and such, trying to find hidden gems for our house. We probably would have been a lot more successful if our budget wasn't approximately zero dollars. However, we did find a few things that I'll share with y'all soon. Someday I promise I'll post all these cool DIY projects we're working on. I wouldn't hold your breath though because it will require me putting my thoughts together in more coherent posts than this one.

Sunday morning, we got Jayci all gussied up and took her to Renovation Church - we also brought all our parents, siblings, and grandparents. We were hoping to receive some sort of recognition for bringing the most guests, but alas that is apparently NOT the point of Easter. But seriously, it was a beautiful service and they even had a killer Easter Egg hunt and bounce houses for the kids afterward. Unfortunately, I forgot to take pictures of Jayci BEFORE church in her pretty Easter dress (which she only had because my sweet mother-in-law bought it for her), and she managed to spill red Kool-Aid and smear Cheetos on it at the church cookout. Because what church cookout in the hood would be complete without Koolaid and Cheetos?

We then went back to Adam's parents house for a delicious meal (and my family came too). And we were also able to focus on the real meaning of Easter - like excessive amounts of Easter candy and eggs filled with goodies. And honey baked ham.

It's really too bad she's so camera shy.



 Look! A picture of me with my TWO kiddos :-) Y'all have been asking for my baby bump, so here it is!
 Jayci is pouting because Adam said he was going to eat her chocolate bunny. He loves pestering her.
 Excited about whatever was in this egg. Probably candy. Lots and lots of candy.

And all that talk about the REAL meaning of Easter? I am so glad for the opportunity to celebrate the fact that we serve a Lord who has conquered death!

“Why do you seek the living One among the dead? “He is not here, but He has risen. Remember how He spoke to you while He was still in Galilee, saying that the Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again.”  -Luke 24:5-7

6 comments:

  1. I knew I should have given her lemonade instead of Koolaid! You can blame me for the red splashes on the dress. I now fail as a children's leader :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SHE. IS. ADORABLE.

    Oh my word. That first picture makes me want to have about 14 more young'uns. Maybe 20. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the shot of you and your two kiddos. Just made my heart smile real big :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute baby "bump" you have :) you all are the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jayci is so so so so so so so so so so so cute, I can't take it! And her cute little mama with the cute little baby bump is SUPER cute as well. Glad ya'll had a good Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jayci is super adorable in her dress! And you look super cute, that is a sweet picture with your kiddos! ;-)

    Hope you're feeling as great as you look!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you. Thank-you for reading and interacting, and being the best!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...