Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I'll Get Her, Crew

I fully realize that is now Tuesday and not Monday, but I've never claimed to be on the ball with the whole blogging thing and recapping weekends in a timely fashion.

Not to mention the fact that our days just tend to start all blurring together since Adam has been working most weekends on the house.

And also the fact that I cant even hardly remember what we did this weekend, which is a sure sign that it was probably pretty boring and uneventful. As per usual.

I did want to share, however, my very favorite memory for the whole weekend. Because 1-I want to remember it forever, and 2- I enjoy sharing funny stories about Adam.

For the past few weeks, we've enjoyed Jayci's much more consistent and lengthy sleeping patterns. She's even (knock on wood) been sleeping in until 7:45am every day. Hallelujah. However, just the past few days she has started the whole waking-up-all-night-long-thing all over again. Which is not only a bummer, but results in a much more grouchy momma.

Let me preface the rest of this story by saying that our friends who we're staying with have a fancy-schmancy baby video monitor that they received for their new baby.  But we decided we would like to use it for Jayci while we're here for one reason: there's a "talk" button, and you can not only hear and see your child, but can talk to her. And say things like "Jayci, lay back down. You're fine." Which normally has proven quite ineffective at anything except convincing her that she has a new phone in her room. It does work sometimes though, especially during nap times.

Anyways, Saturday night was a long night of getting up with her every few hours. Finally when she woke up at 5:30 or so, I nudged Adam and asked if wouldn't mind getting up with her this once.

His response?

He reached over to the monitor, pressed the talk button, and said: "I'll get her, crew."

I just stared at him with confusion. And I think Jayci was also confused, because she stopped crying and went back to sleep.

We decided he must have been dreaming about captaining a ship or something.

When I asked him about it the next morning, he had absolutely no recollection of the whole incident. And I would randomly bust out laughing all day on Sunday every time I thought about it.

8 comments:

  1. Oh my word! That is so funny! Our new supervisor at work calls us crew all the time. We asked her if she used to work on a ship and she just laughs at us. Who says Crew? : ) Apparently Adam and our supervisor Latosha. That's who! : )
    Very funny story.
    Glad she fell back to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HIlarious and I don't even know your husband! Love this story- definitely going to re-tell it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you shared this story - 1. It's really funny! 2. We are having problems with our 3yo getting up at night. WHAT DO YOU DO???

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's hilarious!! I wonder if that would work on BG... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too Funny!! Perhaps this is the secret to many things to come in Jayci's life ~ confuse her...lol!! Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahhahahhaha!!! yall need to patent that slogan and sell in baby stores everywhere

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yup. I needed that laugh tonight. LoL! Great story!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just want to say that I LOVE things that make me spontaneously laugh uncontrollably hours, days, even months or years later!!! =)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you. Thank-you for reading and interacting, and being the best!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...