Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mommy Day

I remember growing up I would ask my mom why there wasn't a "Kid's Day" since there was a "Mother's Day." I must have thought breakfast in bed and pretty necklaces made of macaroni were a pretty desirable reward. My mom always told me that every day was kids' day, and mother's needed one day to be rewarded for all their hard work. I might not have understood that sentiment at the time, but I most certainly get what she was saying now. Because motherhood is the hardest and most rewarding job I've ever had. And the day I became a mom, I know that my life changed irrevocably for the better.
So for all those mommas out there who work their tails off every single day: cleaning up spit up, failing to sleep more than a few hours at a time, making lunches that don't get eaten, picking up toys ad nauseum, answering "why" a million times a day . . . THANK YOU for what you do, and I hope you know how important, how sacred, and how beautiful your job really is.

I will leave you with a quote I found on my friend Danielle's blog (from Stasi Eldredge's You are Captivating: Celebrating a Mother’s Heart.):

"…so much of our lives as women is lived in secret, hidden from the eyes of the world and the accolades of others.  So much of it feels mundane… But God sees.  And He esteems most what is done away from the eyes of others.  He loves hidden, secret, small places.  He does his best work there—in the home, in the womb, and in the heart."

 Happy Mother's Day!

7 comments:

  1. and i hope that your mother's day was beautiful....filled with love and appreciation and fabulousness. it's back to reality tomorrow ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a beautiful mother.
    And person.
    Happy Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And YOU are an "above and beyond" mommy, dear Becca. Someday, Jayci will understand just how patient and loving you've been as you've set her feet on the path that God appointed for her to travel. And she will love you so much that her heart will want to burst for it. We just have to remember that all of the other "stuff' that we do is temporary. Raising a child in the way that they should go.. that is eternal. You WILL hear "Well done".. (and I'm thinkin' that if God gives out report cards, you'll get an A++...). Happy Mother's Day! xoxox...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jayci is so lucky to have you as her momma!!! Hope your day has been wonderful and you've felt very loved. Happy Mother's Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are an AMAZING mother and hope you had a wonderful wonderful day!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you had a fabulous Mother's Day!!! Jayci has one AMAZING Mother!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you. Thank-you for reading and interacting, and being the best!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...