Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Baby Shower!

First of all, let me just start by saying we STILL have no idea about the appraisal dispute/closing date etc. Which is just ridiculous, and I'll leave it at that.

However, the good news is that we had a really great weekend and got to meet lots of the neighborhood kids. Although to be honest we've already been pretty thrust into the thick of some hard ministry stuff with the kiddos, which is slightly overwhelming on top of being 36 weeks pregnant and still trying to close on our house. . . but hey, that's what we signed up for right?

Anyways, the highlight of the weekend was the sweet baby shower that some of my friends threw for me on Sunday afternoon. Since Jayci is (obviously) a girl, we don't of "boy stuff" in terms of clothing etc. Plus, we dont even know what we DO have because it's all in boxes somewhere . . . Needless to say, I've been feeling more than a little unprepared for the arrival of our little one. Luckily, my sweet friends and family helped remedy that this weekend. And they went all-out with the cute details and making it a perfect shower that made me feel so so special and loved.

Oh and in case you didn't pick up on it from the pictures, we've decided on a name: Caden Thomas. Just don't even tell me if you don't like it, ok?

Yum.

 Aren't my friends so creative and fun? Seriously.
 Jayci and her bff Ava with their chocolate mustaches - cute AND delicious.
 Jayci (aka nana) got her brother a cute "little brother" onesie that I just know he is going to love!









It was so so fun and I cannot thank everyone enough for making us feel so special!
(and thanks to emily for not only helping throw and decorate the shower, but also for taking the pictures!)

10 comments:

  1. I looooooooooooooooooooove the name.
    With 21 o's : )
    You look so skinny and good for being so pregnant. I need to stop bein your friend at once.

    Will pray for your kiddos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks so amazing!!!!!

    I love the old vintage apple toy on the table!!! I remember that toy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute shower! That name is AWESOME. I especially love it spelled with a "C." Not sure why, just do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY for CADEN!!! Obviously you know Brian and I LOVE that name since our little dude is CADEN!! :)

    The baby shower looks fabulous! What sweet friends you have!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooooooooooo precious!!!! Can’t believe you’re already 36 weeks!! CRAZY!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the decor, so cute yet totally boy, lucky lady to have friends to throw ya such a sweet shower!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. SUCH a sweet, fun, beautiful shower for a sweet, fun, beautiful mama! Love it and LOVE his name. Can't wait to see his cute little face!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe you're so close to meeting your baby boy! The shower looks so fun and nice. Your friends had such a simple, but lovely set up! Also...have I mentioned that I love his name??

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw! It's a boy. Can you tell it's been awhile since I have gotten around to the blogs? :) Hope you're feeling much better than you were at the beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the name! it's beautiful! ok...so everything is beautiful to me bc we have 3 girls! it's handsome! so handsome! :) and what a cute creative shower! so thankful for good friends!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you. Thank-you for reading and interacting, and being the best!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...