Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Blurb and the Best Birthday Present Ever

For Jayci's 3rd birthday, I got her a book of my blog. Because what three year old doesn't want a book of their mom's blog for their birthday? Exciting. 

But seriously, I was super-excited to get this book in the mail. It's 12"x12" and 200 pages long. And it contains every post I ever wrote that mentions Jayci, from the moment we discovered we were pregnant until Caden was born. 
You see, I did a terrible (as in I only filled in two pages) job keeping up a baby book for Jayci, but I did a really good job blabbing about her on my blog. So I figure that one day, she will like to read about it. 
I just wanted to share with y'all what a fantastic job Blurb did with the book. If you have a blog, I'd highly recommend them turning it into a book. Because it's gorgeous, and Jayci and I love looking through it and reading it together.

Oh and I realized finally that y'all are totally right. Caden does look just like Jayci. It has been so fun to look back at my blogs and read about how God has been leading us. How we continue to be grown and stretched and changed daily. And how I still love cheese and diet coke.

Also, Blurb has no idea I'm writing this and didn't give me my book for free or anything. I just thought that many of y'all probably have blogs too and this might be something you would love as much as I do. You're welcome.

9 comments:

  1. I did a Blog to Print book a couple of years ago, back when I blogged, instead of just entering photo contest after photo contest with nary a top 10 pick. And I love my book; Adam has even taken it into school when they were talking about social media and blogs last year. Blogging is such an easy way to journal life (if I would just POST); but all of those posts can disappear in a heartbeat. One of my blog friends forgot to pay up and renew his domain name, and a pharmaceutical company snapped it up and slapped a promotional site there. All of his posts; GONE. So write it down and then print it out!
    And thank goodness you finally saw the resemblance. Geeez, they could be twins....! hahahaaa....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becca-this is the BEST idea!! I love it, Jayci is going to treasure this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think you could have given her any greater gift than to have that to look back on, seriously!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been wanting to print mine but had no idea what company to use! Thank you! Yours looks so beautiful! Jayci will always love having that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This may be a stupid question, but how did you transfer all of your blog posts to blurb? I'd love to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks guys :-)
    Brittney, Blurb imports your posts for you - it's super easy to use!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I started my blog solely for the purpose of turning it into a book for Connor. I imported into blurb, opened it, and was overwhelmed! Any tips or tricks for blurb? How much was it to print the 200 page book? (If you don't mind me asking..)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, I started this and never finished it. Now I'm inspired to finish it and order it! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOOVE Blurb! Its ONE of the reasons I started blogging. I'm looking forward to us having a copy of it laying around our home as a reminder of God's faithfulness :) thanks for the reminder!
    :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you. Thank-you for reading and interacting, and being the best!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...