Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Sweet Potatoes (and entirely too many pictures)

Caden has NOT been getting the hang of eating his rice cereal. At his 4 month check-up, they told us to start giving him a few bites each day to get him used to eating food and using a spoon. Lots of heart babies end up having feeding/eating problems, and I have been all stressed and worried because Caden just doesn't want anything to do with his rice cereal. He basically just lets it sit in his mouth and then grins at me and it all dribbles out. Cute, but not super effective for eating.

Finally, Adam convinced me to let him try sweet potatoes that he made using the Baby Bullet that Santa brought Adam Caden last year. I was skeptical, but it turns out that Caden totally loves sweet potatoes and eats them with much gusto. So apparently, he just doesn't particularly love rice cereal.

I'm also going to go ahead and apologize for the plethora of pictures. I went slightly overboard.

Just for fun, here's the picture of Jayci eating sweet potatoes for the first time. And here's the post I wrote with more pictures of our little drama queen.
Don't forget I'd love to share your heart baby's stories on the Pinterest board (email them to me any time!) And Ruth wrote a FAQ post to answer any and all your questions about what we're doing. CHD Awareness week is coming up soon!

7 comments:

  1. So cute! They make the best faces when they first start eating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jayci's stink eye cracked me up!

    Ezra never really liked rice cereal either...and then I tasted it. Dude! It tastes like straight up paste! Why babies have not staged a coup against the manky stuff is beyond me. (Oh, right. They can't walk or talk.)

    I am so happy he loves sweet potatoes. They are pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Love these pictures. Both of our monkeys loved the sweet potatoes too. Next stop peas! :) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heer in Germany wie start with veggies for lunch and do rice cereal later for dinner. I guess it is always good to go with your instinct for all those parenting things. Such cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM! i didn't do much cereal with either of my girls, and they didn't seem to mind, LOL. i think because it's tastes like glue. blech.

    sweet potatoes are much better.

    and maybe the little man will start sleeping a little better with more food in his tummy?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love sweet potato baby faces! We called them tatey-sweets, and they were always our babies' favorites. I only had one child that would eat rice cereal. Strange, none of them will eat sweet potatoes, anymore, but they'll all eat rice pudding.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love all the pics... he is just the cutest thing. Glad you guys found something he loves. : )

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you. Thank-you for reading and interacting, and being the best!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...