Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I Heart Faces: A Very Special Heart

This week's theme at I Heart Faces is "hearts," and I simply couldn't resist entering this week. Although, as usual, I waited until the last minute and now I'm scrambling to get a post up before we have to leave for dinner and after shooing all the kiddos out the door on a massive valentine candy high.

My entry this week, of course, is Caden. I literally just teared up looking at this picture, thinking about my boy's special beautiful heart and the miracle of who he is. In case you're popping in from I Heart Faces and don't know the whole story, Caden was born with severe heart defects and had open heart surgery at 5 days old. The three weeks he spent in the cicu at Choa Egleston were the scariest and most beautiful ones I have ever faced. God met us, and encouraged and uplifted us, in incredible ways, even as we surrendered our son.

Thankfully, Caden is home with us and just had a fabulous check-up with the cardiologist - so what better day to celebrate his heart made whole!
As usual, head to I Heart Faces for more beautiful hearts this week! (I happen to know of several other wonderful "heart babies" whose pictures have been entered - be sure to leave them extra love!)
Photo Challenge Submission

19 comments:

  1. Very special story and beautiful image. From one last minuter to another, totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great story...beautiful blessing that precious boy is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh Becca, what a beautiful picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this photo!! Might have to steal the idea ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing such a special little man and his story! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My entry is my nephew who also had open heart surgery at 5 days old. Your story made me tear up too! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You surely have had a strenuous, but amazing journey! It's such a blessing to see this photo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The perfect image for a perfect little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing the story! Beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your story...after seeing it on Facebook, I took the time to read through a lot of your post's and your birth story. I'm having baby #3 in a week and a half so there were many tears as I pictured what you went through. I'm so happy that he is doing better now! Beautiful image!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My personal blog is natejenandbrooke.blogspot.com if you would like to stop by sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just had to talk right to Caden on the screen. I wanted to smootch those cheeks to pieces.
    God gave you a delightful Valentine.
    Getting my baby Grandma fix, since my own Grandkids are all between 8 and 17 now.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you. Thank-you for reading and interacting, and being the best!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...