Anyways, this is for you mom (and the other person or two who might still be reading. maybe).
- To start with, I just need to give each and every one of you a BIG thank-you. I honestly wish I could hug all of your necks in person. I cannot even begin to tell you how overwhelmed with gratitude and excitement I am right now. Remember how I told y'all about this contest from Glamour magazine? And I asked you to vote for me? Well y'all did. And I totally WON. Ok I was one of the top 4, but still. That means I get to go to New York!!! And did I mention how badly Adam and I need a getaway? So I'm still a little unsure of the details but I will tell you one thing: you will be getting updates and pictures of the makeover and our antics in the Big Apple. Fo' shizzle.
- Caden was doing better with sleeping in his crib for a few days (and by "better" I mean he only got up like twice a night and would nap for like forty-five minutes), but now he's back to being up all night long. Sigh. Well, he does sleep for one 4 or 5 hour stretch, but unfortunately that stretch usually begins at 7 or 8pm, meaning I don't get any sleep at that time. And I KNOW that I should just go to bed and sleep for the love of pete, but I simply cannot resist the freedom. And also the laundry. There's just so much laundry and so little time to get it all done.
- I've been reading Jen Hatmaker's book 7 with my friend Marla. I highly recommend it. But not if you would prefer not to have your behind kicked a little bit. Or to be convicted. More on this coming soon.
- I spent some sweet time with my bff the past few days, and it totally warmed my heart to see how much our kiddos still enjoyed each other. But it also made me feel a little sad all over again that she's not just down the street anymore. I would NOT have made it through parenting my first little one without her. And that's the truth. And it is because of her that I believe so deeply and strongly in living in community. Amen.
- I wish I could think of more things to update y'all on right now. But I got nothing. Hopefully, my brain will recharge at some point and maybe I'll have something more meaningful or interesting to say. Cause right now I'm losing followers quickly.