Thursday, March 15, 2012

Overdue Update, and Glamour

Normally I see and talk to my mom on a regular basis, since she lives so nearby. But yesterday, she texted me to make sure I was ok since I hadn't posted on the blog in so long. Whoops, my bad. Life just feels exhausting (which it is, because of the whole not-sleeping-ever-thing) and busy and crazy and my bff has been visiting from Texas so I've been trying to spend time with her.

Anyways, this is for you mom (and the other person or two who might still be reading. maybe).

 - To start with, I just need to give each and every one of you a BIG thank-you. I honestly wish I could hug all of your necks in person. I cannot even begin to tell you how overwhelmed with gratitude and excitement I am right now. Remember how I told y'all about this contest from Glamour magazine? And I asked you to vote for me? Well y'all did. And I totally WON. Ok I was one of the top 4, but still. That means I get to go to New York!!! And did I mention how badly Adam and I need a getaway? So I'm still a little unsure of the details but I will tell you one thing: you will be getting updates and pictures of the makeover and our antics in the Big Apple. Fo' shizzle.

 - Caden was doing better with sleeping in his crib for a few days (and by "better" I mean he only got up like twice a night and would nap for like forty-five minutes), but now he's back to being up all night long. Sigh. Well, he does sleep for one 4 or 5 hour stretch, but unfortunately that stretch usually begins at 7 or 8pm, meaning I don't get any sleep at that time. And I KNOW that I should just go to bed and sleep for the love of pete, but I simply cannot resist the freedom. And also the laundry. There's just so much laundry and so little time to get it all done.

 - I've been reading Jen Hatmaker's book 7 with my friend Marla. I highly recommend it. But not if you would prefer not to have your behind kicked a little bit. Or to be convicted. More on this coming soon.

 - I spent some sweet time with my bff the past few days, and it totally warmed my heart to see how much our kiddos still enjoyed each other. But it also made me feel a little sad all over again that she's not just down the street anymore. I would NOT have made it through parenting my first little one without her. And that's the truth. And it is because of her that I believe so deeply and strongly in living in community. Amen.

 - I wish I could think of more things to update y'all on right now. But I got nothing. Hopefully, my brain will recharge at some point and maybe I'll have something more meaningful or interesting to say. Cause right now I'm losing followers quickly. 

18 comments:

  1. Ahhhhhh! So so so so so so excited for you!!!!!!!!!! And dang, your kids are CUTE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I am STILL a big fan of yours and always look forward to your posts! Love hearing about your children and your 'kiddos'. I, too, love children so very much and I am truly inspired by all you do for so many. Enjoy your trip - you REALLY deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, yay, YAY!!! I'm so excited that you WON!! Congratulations!! I can't wait to hear all about it!!

    Seriously, I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one who STRUGGLES with laundry. But really, there's no one who could possibly be as bad about it as me! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! New York City! That is so exciting. I am happy for you Becca,

    I am sad about the sleeping issue...I can't really imagine. Kaish was such a good sleeper. Of course that might have been because I let him sleep right beside me...you know like all the books say NOT to do. Basically I did every single parenting thought wrong that you could possibly do.

    Sending love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you've got Settlers in the background of one photo. You guys are fun, I can tell. :) I know it's easy for me to say and all, but you really have to make getting sleep a huge priority, higher than laundry, truly. My husband took a new job, and the only way we could get enough sleep because of his new morning schedule was to be IN bed at 9 pm, which was not fun at all. But it helped, so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. First off, CONGRATS!! You so deserve it. Second, I almost emailed you yesterday to see if everything was ok. Glad to hear it is! Lastly, if I lived closer, I'd totally come over and help with laundry =) Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're going to New York!!!!!! So awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Winning the Glamour contest? That's super exciting! And don't feel bad about taking a break. If you weren't living your life, what would you ever have to blog about, right?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love so much when you show the sweet faces of your neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOOO HOOO!!! Good for you, Mama!

    I echo your laundry sentiments - where does it keep coming from and why do I loathe it as much as I do?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. YAY YAY YAY BECCA! So excited you won the Glamour makeover/getaway. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats!! I am so happy for you. I am definitely looking forward to seeing your pictures from New York!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So happy for your trip to the big apple! I grew up in NY and love the city...someday I want to go on a trip with my hubby. :) Can't wait to see your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on winning. So exciting for you and I hope you get a great nights sleep in a big giant comfty hotel bed!!! Love reading and being encouraged by your blog and your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You haven't lost me, I check your page everyday! Hang in there with the babes, it will get better.. I mean who needs sleep???? I will pray for you and some much need sleep...

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Of course we love reading your posts, but don't stress about the hiatus! Rest up, love on your kiddies and update us all when you can :-) So excited about your trip to NYC!
    -Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness I can't believe it took me 5 days to see you had a new post! It's been crazy here too.

    So about the laundry thing... my laundry is out of control as well. This made me feel better today though... a lady (that has 2 kids) sent a message to our neighborhood yahoo group. She wanted to pay someone to help her fold and put away her laundry. Want to guess how much?.........

    FIFTEEN baskets! Yup... 15! I don't even have enough room in my house to store 15 baskets of laundry! So, could always be worse! ;-)

    Hope the sleeping gets somewhat back on track soon. Good luck!

    P.S. Congrats on the NY trip! That rocks! NY is awesome - hoping to take the kids on a day trip up there sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you. Thank-you for reading and interacting, and being the best!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...