Sunday, November 11, 2012

Savannah and a marathon . . .

I am so far behind on my blogging that I am just now (on Sunday night) getting around to blogging about the Savannah marathon from LAST weekend. But you know I couldn't help but at least share the copious amounts of pictures I took.

Adam and his sister ran the Savannah marathon (to be fair, Adam decided to only run the half-marathon while Rachel ran the full). I, on the other hand, watched them run while eating Doritos. It was a shining moment for me.

The whole family ended up spending the weekend in Savannah, so it was fun to spend time with them and celebrate "team Stanley" and their fabulous athletic abilities (of which, again, I had no part).

Since all of this happened over a week ago, and I can barely remember what happened earlier today, my memory is a little fuzzy. Therefore, I leave you with a selection of photos from our weekend.

(See, I told you it was a lot of pictures)

Oh and I also got to meet and enjoy dinner with a sweet friend while we were there - it was such a treat!

5 comments:

  1. I love the signs : ) and the babies. Please go squeeze them tight for me and tell them to STOP GROWING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics! I love the ones of the kids with the signs! It was so great to finally meet Team Stanley! Love y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. where did you get that jean shirt? I've been trying to find one like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only I knew :-) my little sister gave it to me when she moved to Amsterdam and couldn't bring all her clothes along . . . I'll check the tag for the brand though and let you know! :-)

      Delete
  4. Those photos bring back the memories for me. My husband used to run all sorts of races. I would gather up all four little kids and stand for hours waiting for him to pass by. He even did the Ironman one year, on our 4th child's 3rd birthday. 14 hours of waiting, cheering, waiting, cheering. I'm glad we did it, though. The big kids are now old enough to run with him, now. They are all (husband included) at the right age to run 5k's. Thankfully we still have two little ones, but soon enough I'll be having to come up with some excuse as to why I'm not running. :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you. Thank-you for reading and interacting, and being the best!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...